The ”George Şt. Marincu” Municipal Library, Calafat
The library started operating in 1956 with a small number of volumes, purchased by the local town hall. Up to the present, the library has managed to acquire 40. 317 volumes from various sources (public funding or donations). Since 1997 it has become a municipal library, and since 1998, by the Decision of Dolj County Council no.66/25, August 1998, it has received the name of the Municipal Library of Calafat.
Until 2006 it functioned in a space located on street 22 Decembrie, no. 17, and since 2007 it is situated in a building on Gh. Doja Street, no.3A.