Moșia Galicea Mare (Galicea Mare Estate)
Winery / Vineyard
Moșia Galicea Mare binds its identity to moments and outstanding personalities from the history of the Romanian society. In 1896, Moșia Galicea Mare became the property of Prince George Bibescu, and in 1902 he donated a part of it to his son, George Valentin Bibescu.
In 1912, George Valentin Bibescu set up a plantation of 15 hectares of grapevine using varieties brought from the Stirbey breeding grounds. In 1916, the wine cellar of Moșia Galicea Mare is inaugurated with the first wines produced from its own vineyard. All of these landmarks are reflected today in both the winery's architecture and the grapevine plantations.